How It Works –
Botox works by inhibiting the release of acetylcholine from motor nerve endings and preventing the contraction of muscle fibres. By blocking chemical signals between muscles and nerves, it allows facial muscles to relax and temporarily relieve any pressure on the subcutaneous tissue cells of skinfolds, which helps smooth out wrinkles.
– Benefits –
Botox causes minimal skin damage and no scarring. It takes effect quickly and does not require any downtime. Once you have had botulinum toxin injections on wrinkled areas, it only takes 3-14 days to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles.
– Applicable Areas –
Botox is most often used to treat frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead wrinkles, and shows prominent results.
– Hyaluronic Acid vs Botulinum Toxin –
Although hyaluronic acid and botulinum toxin injections are both used for smoothing out wrinkles, they are intended for different areas, work differently, and take varying amount of time to take effect.
- Targeted Areas: Hyaluronic acid works on static wrinkles while Botulinum toxin works on dynamic w
- How It Works: Assuming our facial wrinkles are a creased piece of paper, hyaluronic acid works by filling the paper with sufficient moisture to smooth it out, while botulinum toxin works by flattening the paper bit by bit.
- Taking Effect: Hyaluronic acid usually achieves immediate results while Botulinum toxin requires 1-2 weeks for full results to become apparent.
- Result Longevity:In general, both treatments last for around 6 After the results wear off, it is recommended to maintain results by having injections regularly.
– Treating Static and Dynamic Wrinkles Simultaneously –
It is perfectly safe to have botulinum toxin and hyaluronic acid fillers at the same time! Botulinum toxin is injected into the muscular layer while hyaluronic acid is injected into the dermis. Since they target different layers of the skin, there will not be any side effects if used together. However, it is advised to schedule two separate sessions. First, treat dynamic wrinkles with botulinum toxin. Then, treat static wrinkles with hyaluronic acid after approximately 10 days for optimal results.
– Benefits of Getting Botox at The Premier Aesthetic –
- No skin damage or scarring after injection;
- Treatment only takes a very short time;
- Results are noticeable within 1 week and full results become obvious within 4-6weeks;
- Procedures are simple and risk-free;
- Minimal downtime so clients can resume normal daily activities right after;
- Massage or any other aftercare is not required;
- Face remains natural after treatment and a youthful appearance will be restored in no time.
– Botulinum Toxin Brands Available at The Premier Aesthetic London –
MEDITOXIN® was recently approved by the KFDA and is widely used in Korea for the treatment of wrinkles, essential blepharospasm and hemifacial spasms.
BOTOX is a botulinum toxin brand from the United States. It is world-renowned for its accuracy, stability and effectiveness.
(*All data above are for reference only. Results may vary and it is best to consult a medical practitioner before pursuing any treatment.)
– Q&A –
Q：Is it safe to get Botoxat The Premier Aesthetic?
Botox is a neurotoxic protein but for aesthetic medicinal purposes, botulinum toxin has been largely diluted so it contains minimal toxins. Back in 1992, The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the manufacturing of botulinum toxin for medical and cosmetic use, where botulinum toxin types A and B are most commonly used for medical purposes.
All Botox products used by THE PREMIER AESTHETIC belong to botulinum toxin type A, which has been proven safe and effective.
Q：How long after botulinum toxin can you notice results? How often are injections needed?
In most cases, results will start to show within 3-7 days and more noticeable results will become apparent within 2 weeks or less. After all, botulinum toxin is a protein used to temporarily prevent the moving of injected muscles so any effect will wear off eventually. Patients will notice maximum results within 4-6 months after a botulinum toxin injection. Subsequently, we recommend having an injection every 3 or 6 months for maintenance.